The Food Safety Research, Innovation and Technology Portal provides an overview of research activities at a global, European and national level.
The project search feature allows access to a database connected to CORDIS and features a vast number of projects funded at the European level (FP4, FP5, FP6, FP7 and H2020). The projects have been classified under country and into five key food safety thematic areas.
- Chemical contaminants which includes veterinary drugs, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, heavy metals and industrial pollutants
- Natural toxins are classified as mycotoxins, phycotoxins and plant toxins.
- Processing contaminants feature projects on acrylamide and nanoparticles.
- Pathogens includes projects on Microbiological & Viral contaminants such as Salmonella, E. Coli, Listeria, Vtec, Campylobacter, Norovirus and Hepatitis.
- Food fraud is an additional theme which is of increasing concern to food safety.
Project information is provided one of the following formats:
- The short profile includes abstract information on a particular project (if available), the project acronym and origin of the project, project thematic field and subject and a link to more detailed overview of the project.
- The detailed overview of the project will contain information on the funding scheme of the project, the finances of the project, the coordinator and the objective. Depending on the project, more information may be displayed.
Additional information on research and projects at the national and international level can be sourced from the funded projects section. The funded projects section provides information on funding agencies which have published records on the projects that they have funded. The funding agencies are listed per continent and once selected the search feature on the funding agency website can be used to find funded projects.